Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WE ARE ON THE MEND, HOPEFULLY!

One thing, among others, that my children have taught me, is that biology does not necessarily make a family! We have been so very blessed in amazing friends, who have stepped in to help us on a moments notice! Thank you Kendra, Mark, Stacy, Mike, and all our church family! You all have been amazing! We have all been very sick! Rob was in urgent care Sunday, with a horrible systemic staph infection. They had to administer IV antibiotics! This was something he had in VN and it returned, even after a round of oral antibiotics! He has been absolutely miserable but is beginnning to feel better now! He was back in to have another round of IV anitibiotics, then another course of oral antibiotics. This is something that baby had, but his cleared with oral antibiotics. Then, Sunday evening, Claire was complaining of stomach and headache, then threw up late Sunday evening! Oh joy, I knew the entire family was getting sick when Caitlin was complaining and up half the night coughing and coughing, uncontrollably! Just when Rob began to feel somewhat human, I fell ill Tuesday evening with a headache I hadn't had in years! It was one that left you feeling nauseous and miserable just to breath! I was in bed Tuesday evening at 7:30!! That is soooooooo unusual for me, the late night owl, get things done at night kind of person! We are all starting to feel better but I told Rob, I bet this is how the baby has been feeling, but hasn't been able to communicate it! A few days prior, he was almost unconsolable! He was up every couple of hours and acted like he was not feeling good at all (which is so out of character , as he is such an easy going little guy)! We thought it might have been the shots he had, but it could have just been a combination of, whatever nasty virus has been circulating! Thank you again Kendra and Stacy for stepping in to help when we needed someone! You can't imagine how blessed we feel to have you in our lives! I am also back to work, as of, well, when we returned. I received new referrals the very week we returned. I feel so very grateful to have continued work, but it is more of a challenge with 2 children in daycare! I am juggling it all though!

I want to include wonderful photos. We have asked Kendra and Mark to be Nolan's Godparents, and they have honored us by accepting! She threw me the most heartfelt and beautiful baby shower! She is an amazing friend to me! Her Mom, Grandma Linda, has happily agreed to adopt our children as her own! Here are some beautiful pictures of Kendra, the Godmother, holding our beautiful baby boy! And, Mark, 'THE GODFATHER" truly, (he sounds just like Marlon Brando) well, he, too, is happy to oblige! They both love our children to death and we love theirs the same! We thought it necessary to plan a Spring Break outing to the coast this year! We will have all 6 kids in tow, so we will let ya know how it all goes! We are looking forward to a relaxing, yet fun-filled weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe all that you have going through -- urgggg glad that everyone is now feeling better! I feel horrible myself today and have no voice (which is makes it hard with a 3 year old) -- Nolan looks amazing!

Dawn and Jim Edgar